Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA)
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act programs are offered through a partnership between Pearl River Community College, local WIN Job Centers and Southern Mississippi Planning & Development (SMPDD). The goal of WIOA is to provide individuals with the professional tools and skills needed to successfully join the workforce and increase employment in Mississippi.
The WIOA program provides federal aid to eligible students enrolled in a qualifying Career-Technical or Workforce Program at PRCC. Qualifying students may receive up to $6,000 in an Individual Training Account (ITA) that may be used toward tuition, required books and required fees.
Associate Degree Programs
- Accounting Technology
- Business Management Technology
- Computer Network Technology
- Dental Hygiene Technology
- Utility Lineman Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation, and Refrigeration Technology (FCC)
- Industrial Electronics Technology
- Instrumentation Technology
- Precision Manufacturing and Machine Technology
- Medical Billing and Coding Technology
- Nursing Accelerated Track (LPN to RN Bridge)
- Registered Nursing
- Respiratory Care Technology
- Welding and Cutting Technology
Career and Technical Certificate Programs (Less than 2 years)
- Constructions Equipment Operation
- Utility Line Worker Technology
- Practical Nursing - Day and Evening
- Commercial Truck Driver
Short-Term Workforce Programs (Varies in Length/Offered Year Round)
- Commercial Truck Driver
- Structural Fitting
How to apply for WIOA:
- Applications for WIA are completed at your nearest WIN Job Center once a semester during the application period.
- You must provide two forms of Identification (Social Security Card, State Issued Picture ID, Birth Certificate, etc.)
- You must provide proof you been accepted or are currently enrolled in an eligible program in the form of an Acceptance letter from PRCC.
Application periods to apply for WIOA are:
Summer Semester – April 23 – May 7
Fall Semester – June 21 – July 5
Spring Semester – November 21 – December 5
(Dates may vary year to year)
Note: Summer Classes must be required for the program in order to apply during this application period
- Short-term Programs can apply year round
- Students in a 2 year program must have successfully completed 12 semester hours of the program or prerequisites prior to applying.
Questions about WIOA:
For more information on WIOA funds contact PRCC’s Dislocated Worker/ITA Coordinator, Deloris Butler: 601-584-1946 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition Assistance is available for those who qualify. Contact your nearest WIN Job Center and ask about WIOA Funding
Visit www.mdes.ms.gov to find a WIN Job Center near you.
Pearl River Community College offers Resume Preparation Assistance to all students. Please contact Deloris Butler at email@example.com to set up an appointment.