PRCC Students

Student Housing FAQ

Who can apply for housing?

All students admitted to Pearl River Community College on the Poplarville Campus.

How do I apply?

Apply for admissions to Pearl River Community College and be accepted.
Once you are accepted, wait three days for your credentials to be sent to the email address you provided on your application. Complete the Student Housing Application in RiverGuide using the credentials emailed to you.

How much does housing cost?

Women’s Dorms- Forrest Hall ($2,450), Holden Hall ($2,250), and Moody Hall ($2,250) per semester.

Men’s Dorms- Lamar Hall ($2,450), Marion Hall ($2,450), Hancock Hall ($2,450), Huff Hall ($2,250), and Pearl River Hall ($2,250) per semester.

The seven day meal plan is included in the price.

When do I need to apply for housing?

A student can apply for student housing as soon as they are admitted to Pearl River Community College. We highly recommend applying as early as possible as space is limited.

I applied for admission to Pearl River Community College. If I want to live on campus, do I have to fill out a housing application too?

Yes, the housing application is separate from the college’s admission application. Make sure to apply in a timely manner for a room.

Is housing guaranteed?

All residence hall space is offered on a first come, first serve basis.

How can I pay my room and board?

Semester room and board charges will be added to your PRCC account and can be paid in the business office.

Can financial aid pay for my housing?

The amount that is awarded to each student varies. Make sure to contact the PRCC Financial Aid and Scholarships office to inquire on your status.

Can I apply for housing for the spring semester?

Yes, students can apply for on-campus housing for the spring semester, summer session(s) and for the academic year.

Am I required to live on campus?

Residing on campus is optional for all PRCC students, but students who live in the residence halls tend to have more satisfaction with their college experience, stay in school, and graduate at higher rates than students who live off campus. Living on campus has many benefits.

I haven’t filled out my FAFSA. Can I still apply for housing?

Yes, the Office of Residence Life will accept and process all applications but we encourage you to complete FAFSA before you attend a ROAR session (first time students) or register for classes (returning students).

What do the room rates cover?

Prices for housing include all utilities, Wi-Fi, in-room basic cable service, furnishings, on-site laundry, vending areas and 24-hour site staff.

How many hours are required to live on campus?

All residents must be enrolled in at least 15 hours to live on campus.

When can I move in?

Move in schedules will be provided with the student’s room assignment letter that is sent out through PRCC student email accounts.

Can I move in early?

Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate early move in requests.

Can I have a single room?

There are no single rooms in any PRCC dormitory.

I have a disability or medical condition and need special accommodation. What can I do?

For information regarding accommodations in the dormitory, please contact the PRCC ADA Coordinator

How do I cancel my housing?

Students may terminate their Residence Halls Service Agreement by mail, email or phone call prior to check in. After check-in, residents may terminate their Residence Hall Contract with the Office of Residence and Student Life in person and follow procedures for proper check out.

Can I change my room?

Students can request a room transfer with their dormitory head resident during the first three days after check-in. Any transfer after the first three days will result in a $50 charge.

What day do the residence halls close? What day should I move out?

Residence Halls close on the last day of finals during fall, spring, and summer semesters. Residents will need to make arrangements with their Head Resident and follow procedures for proper check-out.

Do I have to move out all of my belongings when I leave for holidays?

The dormitory will be closed during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break. Students can leave their belongings if they plan to return for the spring semester. Students should throw away perishable food items during those breaks.

Are there beds in the rooms? Do I have to bring my own mattress?

All PRCC dorms are fully furnished. Each student will have a bed with a twin mattress, desk with desk chair, dresser and closet.

Can I have a pet?

No pets are allowed in residence halls.

Do I have to have a meal plan?

All residents have a meal plan included in the dormitory cost.

Can I have a car?

Yes, all residents can have cars on campus. You can purchase a parking decal online at or in the business office.

What is an RA?

Resident Assistants (RA) are students committed to helping residents enjoy all aspects of campus life. The RA serves as the liaison between the students and administrators, reports maintenance requests, informs residents of upcoming events and also lends an ear when needed. The RA provides the opportunity for residents to get acquainted through planned activities, educational programs, and being knowledgeable of various services offered on campus.