Students who are interested in holding a job on campus may apply for work-study positions in various departments across all of PRCC's campuses.
Work-Study Application Availability
Fall July 1 - August 31
Spring December 1 - January 31
The Work-Study Application Form can be found in RiverGuide:
- Click on the Student Dashboard tile on the RiverGuide home page.
- Click on the link that says "Applications and Surveys"
- Click on the Work-Study Application link.
- On the application form, there is only ONE question that asks which campus you are attending.
- The Office of Financial Aid will review your eligibility and be in contact with you within two weeks after you complete the application.
Please note that all Pearl River Community College work-study positions MUST be secured through the official process outlined below. Pearl River Community College does NOT offer any work-study positions via e-mail or web postings.
Please refer to http://prcc.edu/it/phishing for more information regarding phishing attempts and how to keep your personal information safe.
1) You must have a completed FAFSA on file
2) All required verification items must be submitted, if applicable
3) You must be in compliance with the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy
4) You must be enrolled full-time (fall/spring semester)
5) Student-athletes are not eligible for work-study funds, per institutional policy
PLEASE NOTE: Accepting a work-study position may change your eligibility for student loans. Loan funds may need to be reduced to accommodate work-study funds.
Work-Study Application Process
Here is a brief overview of the work-study application process:
1) Access the Work-Study Application Form in RiverGuide (see the instructions above)
2) Complete the form (it is only one question)
3) The Office of Financial Aid will review your eligibility for work-study funding. If you are not eligible, you will be notified via e-mail. If you are eligible, you will be notified via e-mail and your information will be sent to the hiring departments on the campus you attend.
4) If you are eligible for work-study funding, you may be contacted by the hiring department(s) if they are interested in meeting you for an interview
5) If you are selected for the position, you will need to complete new-hire paperwork in person with an Office of Financial Aid representative. We will not ask for any personal information until you are hired and complete the new-hire paperwork in the Office of Financial Aid.
6) After your paperwork is processed, you may begin working. You and your supervisor will be informed of your eligible start date from the Office of Financial Aid.
7) Students are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week. The rate is $7.25 per hour.