Financial Aid

How to Apply

Step 1

Apply online for admission at
Financial aid applicants must complete all requirements for admission and be regularly admitted as a certificate or degree seeking student to receive federal and state financial assistance. Transfer students must submit transcripts from all previously attended institutions, including colleges or universities where they may have registered for classes but withdrew prior to completing coursework.

Please note:  students who are in high school and enrolled in dual enrollment/dual credit courses or in the Middle College program are not eligible for federal financial aid.

Step 2

Apply for a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID from the U.S. Department of Education. This ID serves as your electronic signature for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application and allows you access to your personal federal student aid information. Dependent students will also need to have at least one parent obtain an FSA ID for their electronic signature on the FAFSA. You may apply for an FSA ID here (

Step 3

Complete the FAFSA for the appropriate school year beginning as early as October 1. The PRCC federal school code is 002430.

Step 4

Once your FAFSA has been processed, you will receive an email from the U.S. Department of Education with your Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR confirms the information you reported on your FAFSA and the information will be sent to PRCC.

Step 5

After your FAFSA is received, PRCC may send you notification via e-mail and your RiverGuide account to request additional documentation. Please submit requested documentation within two (2) weeks of receipt of the notification to ensure your financial aid award is processed in a timely manner.  Be sure to continually check your RiverGuide account and e-mail for communication from the Office of Financial Aid.

Step 6

After your financial aid documentation has been submitted and reviewed by PRCC, you may receive notification via e-mail and your RiverGuide account requesting additional documentation or notice of an award offer. The award offer will indicate the amount and type of your financial aid award.