The academic scholarships at Pearl River Community College are designed to recognize and award outstanding high school graduates who attend PRCC.
PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP ($4,125 per semester**): 29-36 ACT Score
**Students who choose not to dorm will receive a prorated amount of $2,000 per semester
VICE PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP ($1,625 per semester): 25-28 ACT Score
HONORS SCHOLARSHIP ($813 fall semester, $812 spring semester): 21-24 ACT Score
SCHOLASTIC EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP ($350 per semester): 18-20 ACT Score
VALEDICTORIAN/SALUTATORIAN SCHOLARSHIP ($4125 per semester**): This scholarship is awarded to students who receive the valedictorian and salutatorian designations from their high schools (one each per high school). Students outside of PRCC's district must complete the certification form and submit the form to the Office of Financial Aid. Awards are subject to review for admissions requirements and final approval.
**Students who choose not to dorm will receive a prorated amount of $2,000 per semester.
PRCC FULL CAREER/TECHNICAL SCHOLARSHIP ($1,625 per semester):This scholarship is awarded to a student who completed a two year Career-Technical program at a high school within the state of Mississippi and who has an overall grade point average of 3.50 upon high school graduation. The student must enroll full-time at PRCC (at least 15 credit hours) within one academic year of high school graduation.
PRCC HALF CAREER/TECHNICAL SCHOLARSHIP ($813 fall semester, $812 spring semester): This scholarship is awarded to a student who completed a two year Career-Technical program at a high school within the state of Mississippi and who has an overall grade point average of 3.00 upon high school graduation. The student must enroll full-time at PRCC (at least 15 credit hours) within one academic year of high school graduation.
****Students who reside outside of PRCC's district and are eligible for a Career/Technical Scholarship must complete the Out-of-District CTE Scholarship Application and provide a letter from a high school guidance counselor certifying that the student completed a two-year CTE program in high school, as well as a final high school transcript. Please submit this information AFTER the student's final overall GPA has been posted on the final high school transcript upon graduation.
All scholarship amounts listed above and policies detailed below are as of the 2022-2023 school year.
- Scholarship eligibility is limited to a maximum of four consecutive semesters (fall/spring terms). Exceptions to service scholarships for additional semesters may be allowed for programs of study that require more than four full-time semesters for completion.
- Students forfeit scholarship eligibility if they cease to be enrolled at PRCC for any reason.
- Scholarships will only be paid during regular fall and spring semesters. Scholarships may be paid during a summer term if the program is a one-year certificate program that requires a summer term enrollment to complete the program.
- Students must enroll full-time (at least 15 credit hours) at PRCC within one year of graduating from high school to be eligible for academic and career/technical scholarships (exception for military service - contact the Office of Financial Aid for details).
- Students who transfer to PRCC from another college or university within one year of graduating high school may be eligible for academic scholarships (limited to one semester at another institution). New transfer students must self-identify with the Office of Financial Aid to be considered for scholarship eligibility.
- A student is permitted to receive only one Academic or Career/Technical Scholarship at PRCC. Multiple institutional academic scholarships cannot be stacked but can be combined with service and Development Foundation scholarships.
- For scholarship purposes, the ACT must be taken prior to enrollment in college.
Academic Policy Requirements to Maintain Eligibility
- Recipients of Presidential, Valedictorian/Salutatorian, Vice-Presidential and Full-Tuition Career/Technical scholarships are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA each semester at PRCC to keep scholarship eligibility.
- Recipients of Honors, Scholastic Excellence, Half-Tuition Career/Technical, and all other institutional scholarships are required2.5 GPA each semester at PRCC to keep scholarship eligibility.
- Division I and Division II MACJC student-athletes must maintain a 3.0 GPA to maintain eligibility for all academic scholarships.
- Institutional scholarship (academic and service) recipients will be allowed one probationary semester if the GPA is below the minimum requirements for any semester or if the student does not pass at least 15 credit hours.
- If the student is not in compliance with the scholarship policy for a second semester, the student will no longer be eligible to receive the scholarship. There is no appeal process for scholarship suspension.
Additional Policy Requirements
- All institutional scholarships are applied to direct charges only (tuition, room and board, fees, and required educational supplies).
- Students do not receive cash refunds from institutional scholarships.
- Recipients with a credit balance on an institutional scholarship after assessment of institutional charges are able to utilize the credit amount at the bookstore for allowable educational supplies (textbooks, workbooks, etc.) for the student only.
- Presidential and Valedictorian/Salutatorian scholarship recipients who choose not to dorm will have awards prorated to cover $2,000 per semester only.
- All institutional scholarships will be subject to proration to stay within the student's total cost of attendance budget
- Service scholarships (with the exception of athletic scholarships and resident assistant scholarships) will not exceed the cost of full tuition.
- Students are strongly encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), as federal funding can affect scholarship eligibility.