The Office of Financial Aid is dedicated to helping students and families reach educational and career goals through the various financial aid programs available at Pearl River Community College. Financial aid helps students and their families pay for college and is available through a variety of federal, state and institutional programs. Students may receive assistance through scholarships, grants, loans, and/or part-time employment.
The 2021-2022 FAFSA is online at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. Students planning to attend PRCC during the Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022 semesters should complete this application.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING AID FOR THE 2021-2022 AID YEAR
- Loans are being offered to eligible students for the 2021-2022 aid year. Click here for detailed instructions on how to review your loan offer.
- Federal and state funds are being disbursed to student accounts for the Fall 2021 semester.
- You should be able to view the funds paid to your account on the home page of RiverGuide in the "My Finances" section.
- If you have classes that start later in the semester, there may be a portion of your Pell grant and/or student loans that has not yet disbursed. If that is the case, the funds will disburse one week after the class begins.
- If you have questions about your refund or direct deposit information, please contact the Business Office at email@example.com.
To see your authorized financial aid for any semester:
- Click on the "Wildcat Web" icon at the top of the RiverGuide home page
- Click on the link "My Account by Term"
- Select the term you want to view
- You will then be able to see both your semester charges and your authorized financial aid so that you can determine if your financial aid covers your bill
- If "Current Due net of Authorized Financial Aid" has an amount listed, you owe that amount. If the amount is $0, you do not have to make any payments
Financial Aid Terms & Conditions
I understand that Financial Aid reserves the right to review, adjust, or cancel aid at any time due to changes in student academic status, adjustment in federal and state regulations, funding, computation error or receipt of additional aid or scholarships.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
I understand that Pearl River Community College is required by federal regulations to establish minimum standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) that recipients must make toward completion of a certificate or degree program. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress toward their academic objective to maintain their eligibility for financial aid. The SAP policy can be viewed at http://www.prcc.edu/financial-aid/satisfactory-progress.
- Withdrawal Notification
I understand that if I withdraw or if I am administratively withdrawn from school due to absences that I may be required to repay a portion of the Title IV aid funds that I have received according to the Return to Title IV policy. The policy can be viewed at http://www.prcc.edu/financial-aid/refund.
Students receiving institutional scholarships are required to enroll in and complete 15 hours each term and earn the required GPA for the scholarship that is awarded.
Financial aid staff is available to answer questions about the application process and understanding the policies. Although the main financial aid office is located at the Poplarville campus, staff at the Forrest County Campus and the Hancock Campus can answer general questions for students. You may call or visit the main campus at:
Pearl River Community College
Office of Financial Aid
1st Floor, Administration Building
101 Highway 11 North, P.O. Box 5120
Poplarville, MS 39470
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Summer Office Hours (June & July)
Monday - Thursday, 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Main PRCC Number: (601) 403-1000
Main Financial Aid Number: (601) 403-1029
Financial Aid Fax Number: (601) 403-1036
Financial Aid E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRCC Website: www.prcc.edu
Director of Financial Aid - Tyia Brooks (B.S. - University of Southern Mississippi; M.Ed. - University of Southern Mississippi)
Assistant Director of Financial Aid - Jaime Missimer (B.B.A. - Loyola University New Orleans; M.A. Higher Education Administration - Louisiana State University)
Work Study/Scholarship/State Aid Specialist - Sarah Smith
Financial Aid Specialist - Rachel Wallace
Financial Aid Counselor - A'Kendal Woodard
Federal Student Aid
PRCC School Code: 002430
State Financial Aid