The Office of Financial Aid is dedicated to helping students and families reach educational and career goals through the various financial aid programs available at Pearl River Community College. Financial aid helps students and their families pay for college and is available through a variety of federal, state and institutional programs. Students may receive assistance through scholarships, grants, loans, and/or part-time employment.
Please click on the Financial Aid Forms icon to the right to access all forms that may be required.
Students planning to attend PRCC during the Summer 2022 semesters should complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA application (be sure to click the correct year when you log in).
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline for submitting the 2021-2022 FAFSA for the summer semester was June 30th.
Summer Financial Aid Information
All new and returning students who wish to receive federal financial aid during the summer semester need to complete the Summer Financial Aid Application in RiverGuide.
To complete the summer financial aid application:
- Log into your RiverGuide account
- Click on the “Student Dashboard” tile
- Click on the link for “Applications and Surveys”
- Click on the link for “Financial Aid Summer Application”
- There are four questions to answer. You must answer all questions.
- When you answer a question, click on the “Next Question” button until you reach the last question
- After you have answered all questions, click the “Survey Complete” button
- Please allow two to three weeks for us to review your application
- If there are any issues, we will notify you via e-mail
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING AID FOR THE 2022-2023 AID YEAR
The 2022-2023 FAFSA is online at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. Students planning to attend PRCC during the Fall 2022, Spring 2023, and Summer 2023 semesters should complete this application.
- Loans are offered to eligible students for the 2022-2023 aid year. Click here for detailed instructions on how to review your loan offer.
- All funds are being authorized to student accounts daily for the Fall 2022 semester.
- Scholarships will continually be awarded throughout the summer.
- NEW FOR THE 2022-2023 YEAR: Scholarships will be offered in RiverGuide and will need to be ACCEPTED.
To see your authorized financial aid for any semester:
- Click on the "My Finances" tile on the RiverGuide home page
- Select the term you want to view
- You will then be able to see both your semester charges and your authorized financial aid so that you can determine if your financial aid covers your bill
- If "Current Due net of Authorized Financial Aid" has an amount listed, you owe that amount. If the amount is $0, you do not have to make any payments
Financial aid staff is available to answer questions about the application process and understanding the policies. Although the main financial aid office is located at the Poplarville campus, staff at the Forrest County Campus and the Hancock Campus can answer general questions for students. You may call or visit the main campus at:
Pearl River Community College
Office of Financial Aid
1st Floor, Administration Building
101 Highway 11 North, P.O. Box 5120
Poplarville, MS 39470
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Summer Office Hours (June & July)
Monday - Thursday, 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Main PRCC Number: (601) 403-1000
Main Financial Aid Number: (601) 403-1029
Financial Aid Fax Number: (601) 403-1036
Financial Aid E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRCC Website: www.prcc.edu
Director of Financial Aid - Tyia Brooks (B.S. - University of Southern Mississippi; M.Ed. - University of Southern Mississippi)
Assistant Director of Financial Aid - Jaime Missimer (B.B.A. - Loyola University New Orleans; M.A. Higher Education Administration - Louisiana State University)
Work Study/Scholarship/State Aid Specialist - Sarah Smith
Financial Aid Counselor - Tony Guerra
Federal Student Aid
PRCC School Code: 002430
State Financial Aid