POLICY OF BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE Tuesday, December 7, 1993 1 Tuesday, June 8, 2010 Educational Programs, Personnel
The College will employ professionally prepared faculty.
- Faculty teaching credit courses leading toward the associate in arts degree will have completed at least 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline and hold at least a master's degree or hold the minimum of a master's degree with a major in the teaching discipline.
- Faculty teaching courses in professional, occupational and technical areas designed for college transfer must have completed at least 18 graduate hours in the teaching discipline and hold at least a master's degree, or hold the minimum of the master's degree with a major in the teaching discipline.
- Faculty teaching credit courses in professional, occupational, and technical areas that are components of associate degree programs not usually resulting in college transfer, or in the continuation of students at senior institutions must possess appropriate academic preparation coupled with work experience.
- The minimum academic degree for faculty teaching in professional, occupational and technical areas must be at the same level at which the faculty member is teaching.
- Adjunct and part-time instructors will be required to meet the same requirements for academic preparation as the regular full-time faculty and will be evaluated according to the same procedure as full-time instructors.
- Adjunct faculty will be required to attend a workshop in August of each school year. The workshop will consist of an informational session to orient the adjunct faculty with policies involving attendance, grades, course syllabi, and other related areas.
- Exceptions to these requirements must be documented in the Faculty Roster by the Senior Vice President for Instruction/Provost. Supporting documentation will be placed in the instructor’s file.
- All students and faculty have access to academic support services regardless of location.