May 1, 2022 @ 4:00 p.m. is the deadline to apply for August 2022 start and be on track for July 2023 graduation.
October 1, 2022 @ 4:00 p.m. is the deadline to apply for January 2023 start and be on track for December 2023 graduation.
Minimum ACT required: 16 (18 preferred).
We will be glad to schedule an Advisement appointment with potential applicants.
All courses within the SUT Plan of Study Curriculum have to be passed with a C "70" or higher.
- Sciences have to be taken within the last 5 years.
- Additional program requirements have to be met to secure your position in the SUT Program.
- SUT courses have to be passed with a C (70) or higher to continue in the SUT Program.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 is required for graduation.
- Additional graduation requirements include: Scrubbing on a minimum of 120 surgical cases meeting specific requirements and sitting for the National CST Exam.
SUT Plan of Study Curriculum Associate Degree: Total 65 sch
|Course Number||Course Description||Hours|
|SUT 1113||Fundamentals of Surgical Technology||3|
|SUT 1217||Principles of Surgical Technique||7|
|SUT 1314||Surgical Anatomy||4|
|SUT 1412||Surgical Microbiology||2|
|SUT 1222||Surgical Medical Terminology||2|
|Written Communications Elective (unless previously taken)||3|
|SUT 1518||Basic/Related Surgical Procedures||8|
|SUT 1528||Specialized Surgical Procedures||8|
|SUT 1538||Advanced Surgical Procedures||8|
|SUT 1703||Certification and Role Transition||3|
Associate in Applied Science Total: 65 Hours
|BIO 2513||Anatomy & Physiology I (or BIO 1513 Principles of A & P I)||3|
|BIO 2511||Anatomy & Physiology I Lab (or BIO 1511 Principles of A & P I Lab)||1|
|BIO 2523||Anatomy & Physiology II (or BIO 1523 Principles of A & P II)||3|
|BIO 2512||Anatomy & Physiology II Lab (or BIO 1521 Principles of A & P II Lab)||1|
|(9 sch) with minimum of one course from each of the following areas:|
|* Math/Natural Science||3|
|** Social/Behavior Science||3|
|*** Humanities/Fine Arts||3|
|(Total sch for A.A.S. 65 hours)|
Approved Courses: (9 sch) with minimum of one course from each of the following areas
*Math/Natural Science (minimum of 1 course)
- BIO 1134 General Biology I
- BIO 1144 General Biology II
- MAT 1313 College Algebra (or higher)
- BIO 2923 & 2921 Microbiology and Lab
- CHE 1213 & CHE 1211 General Chemistry I with Lab
**Social/Behavior Science (minimum of 1 course)
- EPY 2513 Child Psychology
- EPY 2523 Adolescent Psychology
- EPY 2533 Human Growth and Development
- PSY 1513 General Psychology
- SOC 2143 Marriage and Family
- SOC 2113 Introduction to Sociology
***Humanities/Fine Arts (minimum of 1 course)
- ART 1113 Art Appreciation
- MUS 1113 Music Appreciation
- SPT 2233 Theatre Appreciation
- HIS 1163 World Civilization
- ENG 2423 World Literature