Crosby Hall

Disability Support Services

Q:    How can I receive services from the Disability Services Office?
A:    Disability Services are available through the PRCC Disability Office. Students must self-notify the Disability Service Office of the need for Disability Services. Students must complete an application for Disability Services and provide current and relevant documentation of the disability.

Q:    Will my high school automatically send documentation of my disability to PRCC?
A:    No. The student must self-disclose to the college Disability Office personnel, meaning they must request Disability Services at the point they wish to receive services. Students must notify the Disability Office each semester that they wish to receive Disability Services as well.

Q:      Are accommodations available for the College Placement Test (CPT) exam?
A:      The national admission test, ex. ACT will make accommodations; however, students must apply for accommodations through the national office.  Request for accommodations for College Placement Tests that are administered by the College to place students into Career/Technical Programs, ex. TABE or CPAT, must be made with the College's Disability Service Office.

Q:      What accommodations are available for the College Placement Test (CPT) exam?
A:      Accommodations are individualized, depending on the disability. Examples of frequent accommodations may be extended test time or testing in a minimally distracting area.

Q:      Which disabilities qualify for Disability Service?
A:      Any physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities such as caring for oneself, performing manual tasks, seeing, hearing, eating, sleeping, walking, standing, lifting, bending, speaking, breathing, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, communicating, and working, qualify for Disability Services.

Q:      What type of disability documentation is required?
A:      The student must provide current and relevant documentation to the designated ADA Coordinator and it must be sufficient to justify the student's request for accommodation.

Q:      What will I be allowed to take if I have an Occupational Diploma or Special Education Certificate?
A:      Students with an Occupation Diploma or Special Education Certificate are eligible to take Welding. To take participate in welding, students must pass the C-pat and TABE.